Provide direct supervision to hourly employees in the manufacturing of food products; ensure the safe operations of daily activities while meeting established production schedules.
$65,000 to $80,000 per year depending on experience
Job Description of the Production Supervisor
- Provide direct supervision to hourly employees in the manufacturing of food products; ensure the safe operations of daily activities while meeting established production schedules.
- Effectively communicate production goals and objectives to achieve results; and maintain a high standard of product while maximizing plant efficiencies in support of continuous improvement.
- Support positive employee relations in all aspects of interaction with employees including valuing differences monitoring compliance with company policies and procedures and ensuring all policies are administered consistently and equitably across all employees.
- Provide proper training for plant employees on HACCP/SSOP, GMP, equipment and plant safety requirements and job specific training to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for replacement employee job training, workstation assignments/rotations including back up for absent employees and overtime assignment.
- Perform essential recordkeeping and timekeeping functions for department personnel. Monitor employee attendance and absenteeism, holding employees accountable as necessary.
- Build awareness with all employees around our customers to elevate understanding around who they are why they matter.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, changeovers and sanitation.
- Establish staffing levels including turnover and needs relating to product volumes.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings to review safety concerns and performance along with plant performance compared to expectations.
Production Supervisor will be accountable for the following:
- Compliance of Programs
- Production quantity and results
- Maintaining communication proven when it is relied upon most- during critical points in a process
- Results of Audits
- Reducing Customer complaints while increasing first pass
The Ideal Production Supervisor will have the Following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or an equivalent combination of both college education and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a four-year college degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and time keeping systems preferred.
- Prefer three or more years’ previous supervisory experience in food processing manufacturing
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish highly preferred