Growing food manufacturer 3 plant locations seeking a Staffing Associate. Are you looking for continued growth and development? The food industry is one of the strongest economic sectors of our economy to work in.
Our Client is deeply rooted in the food industry; with plants in MA, RI and TX. They promote from within, offer relocation assistance, offer amazing growth potential, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Dependent Scholarship Program, an excellent benefits package and more. They are committed to excellence in all areas of food production with the mission to deliver top quality products.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Compensation Package; benefits including medical, dental, 401K match & more
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
- Steady year around work
- Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Family Fun Days
- Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Holiday Hams
In collaboration with Shift Directors and Supervisors; ensure the full utilization and effectiveness of our temporary work force. Verifying through a system of ongoing evaluations and oversight, that an atmosphere of growth and commitment is ever present.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Screen all entry level and mid-level candidates for qualifications and position requirements
- Refer candidates who meet requirements of current and open positions based on an effective pre-screening interview.
- Work with temporary agencies to maintain job orders and duration on open orders.
- Participate in on-boarding and new employee orientation processes; including “Blue Book” set-up for temporary staff
- Communicates daily with temporary agencies and Operations Staff Specialist to assure temp program effectiveness.
- Works with Shift Directors, Supervisors and staffing agencies to proactively plan for staffing fluctuations due to expected turnover and business sales fluctuations
- Responsible for auditing quality of Orientations.
- Works closely with Supervisors and Learning & Development, regarding training and development progress of new hires.
- Communicates opportunities or trends and works with temp agencies on improvements.
- Responsible for compiling ongoing turnover data for each dept and committing to ongoing improvement.
- Is a teacher and mentor in the commitment to staff learning and development.
- Works in unison with counter associates, to achieve department and corporate goals by ensuring the successful circle of hiring, orienting and training of staff members.
- Issue daily attendance to respective Supervisors. Communicate absences with Agencies. Request coverage when needed.
- Responsible for completing Safety injury paperwork and following up w/ investigation details.
- Review payroll daily.
- Track and address any issues (missed punches).
- Audit according to payroll schedule.
- Commits to regular scheduled meetings with temporary agencies and Blount Management.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to our expectations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
2-year degree or 4 years of “training/teaching”, personnel related, data collection, combination of education/work experience required. Excellent communication skills, strong computer skills, be self-motivated, detail oriented, able to multi-task, ambitious, and have a teacher and mentor mentality.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong computer skill set. Including knowledge of database, spreadsheet, Word, and PowerPoint software.